Certified Innovation Mentor Program
If you’re tasked with driving innovation in your organization, you need a deep, thorough grounding in its principles, processes, and tools. We created our Certified Innovation Mentor Program—and its core decision-making framework, which we call the Unifying Innovation Methodology™—to cut through the clutter of information in the marketplace and provide a single, rigorous certification of competency for innovation practitioners like you.
You have the opportunity to become a Certified Innovation Mentor (I-Mentor) by completing our comprehensive program, which will equip you for the challenges of embedding a culture of innovation in your organization. You’ll learn to apply a disciplined approach to your innovation efforts while engaging in creative, human-centric, agile thinking. You’ll learn to frame, structure, drive, and scale innovation—and expertly accelerate critical initiatives. And you’ll complete hands-on innovation projects designed to make a big impact on your organization and the world.
Who Should Attend
Professionals spearheading organizational change, developing new process, product or service lines, or looking to foster an environment more conducive to agile, strategic thinking. We welcome participants from a wide range of industries and organizational sizes.
- Two week-long in-person sessions
- Pre-work and one intersession for virtual learning and on-the-job application
- Two major projects—one team and one individual
Program Duration: 4 months
All participants in this program receive a certificate of completion.
Participants also have the opportunity to become a Certified Innovation Mentor by meeting a more rigorous set of requirements. Certification identifies you as a committed and knowledgeable leader of innovation efforts, with skills that apply to a broad range of initiatives and industries. Requirements include:
- Participation in all in-person and virtual sessions
- Participation in a cohort team project benefiting a not-for-profit organization
- Submission of an individual project that will benefit your own company
- Passing a comprehensive exam
- Contribution of one thought leadership article to an innovation-related publication
The Certified Innovation Mentor Program is designed to create dynamic, confident leaders with the know-how to drive innovation in an existing enterprise. Our experienced faculty of innovators will teach you to make a business case for innovation, to apply innovation processes and tools effectively in the workplace, to embed innovation into the fabric of your organization—and, most important, to mentor others in bold new directions.
You’ll learn our Unifying Innovation Methodology, which takes fragmented theories on innovation and melds them into a single proven approach you can apply in any situation. You’ll also learn:
- How to define innovation
- How to build effective innovation teams
- Why innovation often fails
- What tools work best to foster creativity
- What ethical rules apply to innovation
- How to pitch great ideas and get them off the ground
- How to overcome barriers and create a sustainable culture of change
You’ll also have a unique opportunity that other programs don’t offer: the chance to make a profound impact by applying your skills to a team project that benefits a mission-driven organization. That’s in addition to the individual project you’ll design to drive immediate change in your own company..
Dates, Fees, & Registration
2020 Program In-Person Dates:
- Module #1: June 15–19, 2020 (pre-work begins in May)
- Module #2: September 14–18, 2020
- $16,692 USD per individual participant (first registrant per organization)
- $13,354 USD not-for-profit and/or 2–4 additional registrants from the same organization
Fees include lodging and dining for in-person sessions, 1:1 coaching, all course materials and certification. Travel is not included.
Registration Deadline: March 17, 2020
*Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment. Fees are non-refundable.
Upon the successful completion of this program, you will receive a document certifying that you completed the program. The document will not qualify as an academic credential, and you will not earn any academic credit from the University. Though you will be enrolled in the Executive Education Certificate Program, you will not be considered a student at the University, and completion of the program will not make you eligible for alumni status from the University of Notre Dame.